Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last Day Home

So, today is my last day at home in St. Louis, and I figured that this was something that was worth blogging about. I am feeling a little nervous still, but the excitement has really started to kick in. In a little more than 24 hours, I will be unpacking my clothes (which I have laid out but still have yet to try to fit into suitcases) in my new Parisian flat. And while I know I am going to miss all of my friends and my family, the experience I'm about to have will be incredible, I just know it. I hope to come back modified and improved, but not totally changed. I am very glad I have been preparing for tomorrow for almost 2 weeks now, because I could have way more stuff to do today and could therefore be having a total meltdown right now. But no, all I really have to do is put my clothes into suitcases, do a little final bit of laundry, make one last bank deposit, cancel my car insurance, and go to Walgreens for some Melatonin. I haven't been sleeping really well the last couple of days, and I don't want this unfortunate tendency to continue once I get to Paris. Well, I guess I will wrap this up here, because I know I have the tendency to ramble and I don't know how much people care about the minutiae of my life, at least not until I actually get to Paris. Everyone be on the lookout for my first post from France in a little more than a day, because I will make sure to write something just to let everyone know I have arrived and what my neighborhood and my flat are like, etc. And please, make me feel loved...don't hesitate to leave me a comment on here, e-mail me at davidjohnhyde81@gmail or kingofvibe@gmail.com, or send me messages on Facebook. I know I may be a little lonely at first, since I won't know anyone over there, and hearing from friends and family will definitely help decrease this feeling. Thanks a lot! Au revoir, tous!

No comments:

Post a Comment